DUI Survival Tips
The consequences of driving under the influence are dire and my best advice is not to drive at all if you are impaired. That being said, wrongful arrests for suspicion of DUI are increasingly common and a cause of great concern for those interested in civil liberties and justice. The following is a general survival guide when confronted for suspicion of DUI.
- Be polite and respectful at all times both prior and subsequent to arrest.
- Request to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
- Don’t answer questions other than name and address until you first speak with an attorney.
- You have a right to refuse to perform roadside tests.
- You have a right to refuse to have your eyes tested.
- Consult with an attorney prior to submitting to any chemical tests.
- Call Rhode Island DUI Attorney Matthew Marin at 401-287-4384 as soon as possible.