Home  >  Articles  >  Workers Permit

Worker’s Permit

If your license has recently been suspended, you may be in quite a predicament. Fortunately, there are ways in which to regain your right to drive. Filing for a worker’s permit will enable you to use your car for transportation to and from work. While a worker’s permit does not grant full driving privileges, it will at least allow you to stay employed.

In most cases, licenses are suspended because of a DUI related offense. To ensure your rights are protected, it is important that you have an experienced attorney. Contact Rhode Island DUI defense lawyer Matthew Marin by calling 401-287-4384 today

How to file for a Worker’s Permit

In order to file for a worker’s permit, there is a mandatory waiting period which varies case by case. Depending on your existing driving record, whether or not you accepted the breathalyzer test and your BAC reading, your wait period will vary.

After the wait period, you must take a written exam on the effects of driving while under the influence of alcohol and drugs and the laws pertaining to these offenses. Additionally, you will likely need to file for a new license, and pay a reinstatement fee.

Contact Us

If you have been convicted of a DUI or DWI, you have a number of legal options. Experienced Rhode Island DUI lawyer Matthew Marin can help you determine your legal rights. Contact us today at 401-287-4384 to schedule a free initial consultation.